Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Milestone for Big Guy Duke He got OutThere

Today I was going to just ride bareback in the arena.  No one was there and I saw that Mr Clip Clop had lots of energy.  As I brought him in I decided that since I was alone I didn't have to worry about any comments, its just him and me.  so I tacked him up Western just his pad and saddle and then we went off.  He gave me a hard time mounting out front so I lost my patience and went into arena.  I grabbed his mane and he was acting pushy again.  I yelled at him and put my foot into his stirrup.  I coundnt quite get up there so I just push off the step and made it up used his mane and got up.  He was actually feeling happy about me getting up.
He walked right out to the front of the barn. I think he realized that he may be missing out on going in the good ride in the fields and especially . . .  green grass.  When I got him today at his paddock I let him eat grass for quite a while.
He went right out the front, down the driveway and across the road.  He headed out to the field in the back with out a problem.  Quickly we were walking fast and then trotting. He trotted a lot on the field.  The only problem is when it came time to go around the corner where there is a toilet in the woods. He just gave me so much grief.  HE backed up he tried to go across the field back, all kinds of tricks.  It stunk kinda.  Well, he turned around a ton of times and then I decided to sit him out, the turn back the way we came.  It worked out. Plus he walked past the entrance, I let him graze a bit at the corner and at the place right near the past the entrance.  WE had such a great time.  When I got back there was tons of activity, Scotti had doc and Hannah was tacking up Babe (she is a girl I found out last time).  I gave Hannah the little bracelet.  She really liked it.  Krystyn was there with STacie. I had guessed that they had planned ahead to go out together.  STacie and Krystyn are very close now, sitting having quiet chats together all the time. They went out to a tack sale in Billerica.



No comments:

Post a Comment