Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 4, 2022

New food for Duke

 

The mini alfalfa cubes are dry and dense 

Each one is heavy unexpectedly 

I opened a new bag and put them in a bucket.Added water and sat down with Patty and talked about our horses 🐎 together. 

It’s not hot enough to spray down Sienna or Duke.   Thete was no hay in the loft Patty went up there No Hay she found a couple of bakes The bales looked gray and creepy She found a better one. I made Dukes Food

I’m worried he weight loss is not good. I think it was the deworming, hoof trim and just his teeth the backs are good not there any more

He ate so good at the end of his visit. He had his massage and I scratched him with the scratcher. So many snacks. I think he was happy to eat with me watching him. 42 bucks fir 2 bags. Hope he gets fat again. The woman who owns August was really concerned about Duke losing weight

She had lots of ideas for food. She asked if he liked the cubes I said Not really yet, her and Patty suggested molasses apple sauce and more. 

We walked around the barn down the driveway around the corner no arena

June was all busy with her horse. She’s not really very considerate and  uses condescending tone when goin into arena. I’m glad not to see her usually

 



So much pollen clouds billowing

The pollen was definitely bothering the horses too. Poor Duke had a ring around his nostril







No comments:

Post a Comment