Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 14, 2024

Saturday Night it poured Sunday afternoon funny Beau Filled the paddock waters

I went over to the barn later at around 730 the sky was beautilful I only got a small shot of it but as I drove there the spots through the trees were scarlet red just beautiful. I had sprinkled a bit but it seemed ok I didnt think there would be more rain. Later in the night it poured so hard that the horses were restless and kicked about the stalls. 
I was just going to hang out and put the new boots on. Beau really did not like the boots at first. He kicked around alot. I had gotten the towel and doused it with cool water and placed it on Beau. I did nt like it as much as I had thought. He may have felt uncomfortable. I opened up the back door and a breeze moved through the barn.

Sunday I was able to meet up with Patti and we did some extra work at the barn, we took our horses in the heat and bad air was too much. When I went up to the paddock there was sweat coming from Beaus face dripping down. I was a bit worried, I put the soft halter on him, as we walked down the grassy path and he was pretty gentle, just grazing. He was nice, I had put up the barrier on the ailse so we could go in the arena after his shower. As I walked in the grass area and got the hose for him, and we walked to the grass near the mares. 

As I was getting the hose to sprinkle him with cool water, he broke out and ran out arcoss the dirt parking lot, and ran around I called his name and he walked quickly over to August, Peanut and the other horse with Peanut. I was standing there just sort of laughinng, then I walked over to him at Peanut grabbed his lead line and he walked quickly with me into the barn into the arena. I let him have some time to blow off some steam.

As Lynn and Patti were talking, Lynn brought in August and looked, the horses many had no or hardly water. Patti and I decide to fill all of the buckets inn all of the paddocks, I got the hose at the top of the hill, and untangled it. Patti connected the hose to th eother horse and then turn on the water, I filled Dakoa, Cisco, jax Dusty all Juliette MIlly Romeo, all the way down. the hnew horses are very swetk





Note:  Saturday, Patti told me was just crazy, while I was not there. I was at Joes BBQ. 
She and Sienna were normal but some rode their horses is the extreme heat warning. They pushed their little young horse to work too hard and then fell off onto the dirt over his head. Poor young one was communicating best he could and she did not listen to his language.
She said as he was trying to let her know he was not feeling well she was yelling at him. No wonnder she ended up on the ground.
Patti untacked her horse and tried to help. Very demanding. Im glad I wasnt there because I may not be as concernted with her as I am with her horses condition.






















 

No comments:

Post a Comment