Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 First Ride of the year -Andy



Today was beautiful, 52 degrees and I called Bobby's at 1130am.  Amanda said that they had a 12 and a 2pm ride today. I had to chose the 2pm because I was still in my pajamas.  I drove to Bobbys and got there at about 1:55 which is a good .  There were 8 riders, 4 trotters and 4 walks that went with Sheila and I went with the trot ride. Today I was on Andy, it wasnt my idea I wanted my buddy Foxy, a great ride I could be on the end but Andy it is.  As I was getting on Sheila said that Andy likes his reins light and hes wicked sensitive to the rider. I guess i was up for it.. Duke was on the ride with one of the men guides.  Sheila was on her Tango and Amanda was on Tulsa.  We had some experienced riders on the ride Shannon and Jenn from Boston College Equestion Team.  I watched them ride and it was exciting. They said that they ride in rings and do jumps and this trail rides were different fot them.  It was kinda cool thinking about it.  They talked to me later and they were so interesting.  They may come back to ride another time.  I would like it.  The trals were full of people on quads. A whole family and a couple of guys in little dessert.  The guys in little desert were interesting. There was a quad and a dirt bike.  They kept their engines off while we rode by.  Sheila rode Tango down and got the clear for them to understand that a group of horseback riders were coming and that the engines need to be turned off around the horese or they can get scared and it is dangerous. we had no problems.  We didnt go too near the lake today. But the ride was good. We trotted 3 times and they were good clean trots.  The 2 BC girls and a little girl was on Tootsie behind me. I think the girl behind me came too close to Andy but I did tell him to lighten up when he pinned his ears back.  The girl behind me seemed to push up against Andy and then Jewel actually kicked Andy when we were waiting to dismount.  We laughed about it. She seemed to know what she was telling him so I didnt do anything but back Andy away. Then he was nervous about going too close.  Its funny how horses are with each other.
The conditions of the trails were interesting. Some had crusted ice and some had melted mud.  It wasnt as difficult as the last ride where Sheila took us off trail.  I think that the trails are getting worn down by some of the vehicles and wear.
The horses on holiday watch as the ride goes by the dinning room.  I can see pumkin and bright eyes. Still learning them.
The people on the ride were interesting.  About 3 were from another country not sure they understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment