Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Rode with Lexie, Laure today loved the canters.

I was running late, for being early, it was in the late 50s so I had to wear sleeves and a coat.  I wore the vest that Joe got me for Christmas.  That makes sense too.  I left the house at 8:30am. Barely had coffee. I know that for a 9am that time leaving won't work.  The sooner I start getting to the barn earlier the better. I have to get going Lexie, her mom, and Laurie were in the Barn.  Apache had a bite mark on his butt.  He couldn't get saddled because of his hurt.  Laurie was spending some quality time with him before she got another horse for our ride. She ended up getting Callie for the ride.  Amy Lexie's mom asked if it was ok to go out before 10am.  If there were enough horses and we agreed to be back well before 11am ride.  It worked out great.  Amy helped me get Duke ready and we counted the amount of holes in the strap that I need to use for when I adjust my Saddle and stirrups.























Lexie's horse Lakota was acting confused.  She used the strap on her, I usually don't like to see that unless it is Cassie doing the disciplining.  Well we were all in line, I had Duke and he was so exciting during the ride.  We went into perfect canters.  He is an amazing guy to ride and I love how he works with me.  Im not the perfect rider but he forgives and understands me.  I believe he is a patient horse.  I kept my form pretty good at the times we cantered.  Duke goes into the smoothest moves when he rides. I felt beautiful on his back as he strode.  He was most definitely was a beautiful horse in the woods on a fabulous morning.
We had a great ride, I didn't take many pictures because Duke was so upbeat in his attitude.  Callie was totally letting Laurie know that she was concerned about something in the woods or that she was uncomfortable about something.  Laurie said Callie was continuing to communicate that she was uncomfortable on the trail.
Otherwise this was the peppy ride for Duke he was constantly trying to trot to a canter.  He is the most amazing horse to ride with on the trails.  I was so happy during our about 5 canters.  The trails we took were that at the top of the lake after the wooden boards for the trails we took a left at the top of the trail and then  we did the loop back to the lake. When we got through the loop and got back on the trails on the lakeside. The 10am ride was there with Sarah at the lead.  We went ahead of their group because they let us in, then we tried to get out of their way by going a little faster and then we got back to the farm before the group.  We had a chance to canter a few times an even on the straight away.  Duke was excited to be on the trails for the ride and I feel fortunate to be there with him.
What a wonderful morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment