Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Colorado Springs Riding Feb 2012



The stables are just outside of the main city.
Back from Colorado yesterday.  I had the most amazing experience riding at Academy Stable that I had ever had.
Drove from Denver directly to the Stable in Colorado Springs.  We arrived earlier than scheduled and drove quick as possible from the airport. We needed to take a wicked early flight from Boston to get in as soon as possible and then we could use the time after 8 hours to relax.  Steve agreed if I would fly into Denver (which I did not want to do)  he would go on a horseback ride in Colorado if the weather was fair enough.  Both I was lucky enough to have on Monday. The ride was almost un-describable.
Our Guide, Cassie, she was amazing she gave us a beautiful tour of the Garden of the Gods.
On the left is my horse Brian a truly skilled a full of vigor.  Walter is here posing with Brian. I like Walter because he gave me the insight to Brian's lively personality and it was just what I was praying for on this experience. My horse Brian is a strong, feisty horse that gave me a thrilling ride that was both safe and an experience of my life with any horse I have ever known.   Thanks Academy Stables for all your fantastic work it was a total pleasure from the phone conversation to the smart and professional service.  Cassie was a real cowgirl that knew her horses and gave us a great ride and tour and has a great smile.

Brian is my horse I didnt even know when I took this picture.
The undertaker  :)

I got up on Brian without any help for the first time.  It was amazing.












I loved Ridge Riding with my horse Brian, our guide Cassie, her horse Miss Lily, Steve and the Undertaker.



On the way home we went the long whay through the mountains to see the continental divide.  On the way we saw so many horse ranch's.  Here is a shot of some horses getting a drink and grazing on the edge just outside of Denver.  Amazing land.



No comments:

Post a Comment