Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 19, 2012

February Horseback Riding, Love it! - Hershey


Beautiful weather.  There was just one other person on the ride today a man I had not met before. He was on Duke behind me.  Hershey was kinda off his game today but I am fine with that. He stopped 3 times during the trots.  I imagine it is his shoe or something. Hes a sweet guy and a great ride so I was happy to just be there.  We went around the lake, so when we go thru the clearing that approaches the lake we took a left to go around the lake. Whew it has been so difficult on the trails in January that this was the first time since last year that I went that way on a ride. Also the trails have been so icy this is the first time I have trotted in a few weeks.

It felt like spring.  In the mid 40s and I was loving it.

Enja was in the front on Winston and Amanda was on Blue and in the back for the most of the ride.  I think that those two are both great and it was great to have 2 guides on the trail.  I was so surprised to see that there wasnt a ride before or right after I arrived back at the corral.  Cars arrived at 1230 for a ride at 1pm most likely so things are picking up.  Sarah said that yesterday was good rides because of the warm weather also. Its good to know that the hay is getting paid for so that the spring will be a good one for Bobby and the Farm.

We trotted 4 times, as I said the 3rd and 4th time after the hill Hershey slowed down.  I did ask him to pick it up but he was feeling like stopping.  Duke didnt tailgate at all.  The man on Duke had a scare where he cantered for him because the man said that Duke was spooked.  I miss pretty Duke. I may need to see if he's up for a ride next week, if I get my homework finished.



Bobby's kitty was so friendly I petted and hung out with him after the ride for a while. I have included the pics from him in this write-up.  Hes so sweet he was laying on my shoulder and back while I was talking with the horses.



Just before the woods at the lake.

Woods at the lake,  this is where a huge branch losened from the treetops and Domino stepped away from the trail where it would have fell.  He's so smart. My hero.

Here's where we took a left to go around the lake.

Riding along the lake.

I love this shot of Enja.  There was ice on the lake at the edge and the middle where lots of fat canadian geese were hangin out goofin.

Crazy kitty getting pets.

Its hard to balance on the edge of the fence here w/o me helping out.

Couple of the roosters being cute.


Im not sure who this is?  Winston?  I dont know. But he was a sweet one and I petted his nose.


Cute kitty wants as many pets as possible.

Goats hanging in the sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment