Total Pageviews

Friday, February 3, 2012

Rode after a few weeks I was Jonesing - Hershey

Colleen answered my text with lets go. It was a beautiful day and the big ride had just gotten back.  I was lucky enough to get on Hershey.  I love when Sheila and Amanda are working on the ride.  The trails were icy.  I had not ridden in the wicked ice before.  The week before there was a great snow storm and I was so tempted to ride but decided it was too snowy.
Today I took the truck and picked up Colleen. I text her and she texted back in a min, 1pm lets go. I love that about her. My camera died so I was mad. I took a few pics with my phone.  It was so good to see Hershey again.  There was a huge ride out when we got there.  Only 3 people went with us on the ride so together it was Colleen, a mom and her two daughters.  Colleen in the front with Colleen on her horse Midnight. The mom was behind me on Duke. I didnt like how she rode him.  The one daughter was in front of me the other was behind her Mom.  They didnt seem to smart I had to tell them to stay in a line and while walking up the hill the girl took her horse and passed her mom and me.  I told her not to pass and to get back behind me.  This was strange because we had just started the ride and they were out of control with her horse.
The ice was intense for the ride. We didnt stick close to the lake at all.  We took a right at the lake followed the path down and went to the right onto another trail.  The ride was very beautiful and the temp was 45+.  I liked being with Amanda, I told her that I was taking the Colorado Trip.
At the end of the ride just after the boarders barn there is a huge strip of ice going down the road.  When Hershey got on the piece he slipped many times.  I cant say hi lost his balance but hearing him slip his shoes on the ice and feeling a little change in balance was wicked exciting.  I took some pictures of Hershey and Domino hanging out in the corral.  Those two are so cute.
Sheila was riding Tiania, shes new to the herd.
It was a great ride.  I cant wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment