Total Pageviews

Friday, August 3, 2012

April, Mel Duke, Horsey Mumps, and Midnight

What a special ride today. Tina met at our house at 9:30 I hadnt even taken a shower yet.  I was in my PJs.  I hurried up took the shower had some coffee and off we went.  I had the crown vic finally. Raychel took the truck it was Friday and I took the day off.
Great idea I had a nice day.


We got to the farm with about 4 min to spare. We ran and paid got the kids helmuts on and Duke was up quickly and I was already heading out to the line up.  I saw the girls quickly coming around the corner.  April had Midnight and Mel had Boger.  He is so cute. They looked nervous. While I was getting my saddle adjusted I asked Val if she would take care of Mel and April and make sure they were feeling good. She said dont worry.  We started out it was a big ride. The horses didnt seem to go in for water. Duke took a drink though.  We got in line and walked the trails. The girls were nervous.  It make me hope they would relax. Tina was sitting in the chairs in the shade. She was pretty happy.
Im pretty sure that Sheia set it up so that we could break off and trot with her.  Just when its was time to break off the girls decided that they wanted to walk only.  April said it first then I said I dont want to separate and Mel said ok me too.
So we went on the walk.  It was very relaxing.  The girls got a great feel for the trail. We went on a short version we started around the lake and then at the top of the hill where I love trot, we took a hard left.  It was where we turn to go to the fields too.  We doubled back by the wooden trail near the edge of the lake and headed back around the lake near past the rope swing and the campfire by the lake. The ride seemed the perfect length.

It was so hot.  90+ but it was a very nice ride. At first the girls were so nervous then they lightened up. We are talking about our next ride soon.  I cant wait. They were so cute.
The kids started to loosen up.  Boger didnt go very fast for Mel which kept me from talking to her as much and April was in front of me and by the long rail trail after the 2nd bridge she started talking to me more.
We came out of the gate at the end of the farm.  There were boarder horses at the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment