Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 3, 2012

November, its getting cold, back at the Ranch - Hershey

I was so happy to get home and go to Bobbys for a ride today. Its been well over 2 weeks since I rode. The last few rides were busy but no to little trots.  I have been working on staying on the horse by using my body to hold on with my body if the horse quickly changes its balance. This was because I needed to cling to the horse when I rode in Colorado.
Back on Hershey and he rode so smooth.  I hadnt trotted in a long time and I miss riding with Sheila.
I called in late didnt think I could make it.  Bob said the rides ready and to get going I could make it.
I was relieved that I did make it and the ride was smaller than I had been on in a while.
The other two riders were regulars too.  They rode Foxie and Toby. Sheila rode Gygpsy, she really looked exciting she called her a "handful".  I like that word for her.  When we were at the watering areas Gypsy came walking in quickly with her and she was almost looking like Cash.  She said she looked alot like Cash's mom.  Thats kinda cool.  I was glad that we took a new horse.  I think the horses are lucky if she takes then on a guide ride.
The hurricane, Sandy was earlier this week and on the trails you could see quite a few trees down.  Hershey was super fresh when we got back to the farm by giving Tango who didnt have a saddle on today. He was kinda pushing him in the stall while they ate. The ride after our ride was big lots of little kids so Hershey didnt have to work. The one parent I saw going was on Domino he was a man.  THere were lots of women with cameras and fancy boots waiting around the corral while the ride went out.
I still love my camera the pictures are so clear and sharp.
After the ride I talked alittle with Bob and Bobby by the horses and told them a little bit about how I went out west and represented the New England Ride at Bobby's. I didnt want ot make them feel uncomfortable by talking up the other stable only that I wanted to let them know I talked alot about my experiences in NE while out on the canyon rides.
It was cool.  There are new faces at the ranch. It has sort of settled but I miss Jess.  Tori does great work and I love how they all pull together.










No comments:

Post a Comment