Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Ride with Tulsa, Cassie Olivia Belle, slippery

Great day riding.  Peaceful in the woods snow was soft but the conditions were rough. There was ice and poor Tulsa had experienced so much slipping. I thought it made her feel tired. Glad I was able to give her a carrot at the end of the ride and she went for a rest.

The rest of the riders had already gotten their horses when I arrived at the Farm. Cassie said they almost ran out of horses. I think Bobby forgot I was coming. I asked him if a 1pm or a 2pm. I think he forgot to tell anyone because Cassie didnt see my on the schedule. The other riders were on and heading out to the waiting area already.

 At the beginning of the ride Tulsa went right over to the frozen water and pushed on the ice to get it to more and got quite a bit of water in her drink.  I thought she was pretty cool.  When we pasted the dining paddock area I could see Domino and Duke scratching each others back neck.  I thought itw as so cool.  I love those guys.  During the ride I was hoping that it be cut short because of the lady Tulsa slipping so much.  The snow was the kind that is mushy with water and difficult to step into. When they did step into it the snow was the slick kind and Tulsa slide so many times.  I feel like the horses had a tough time especially Tulsa.  Cassie said that she didnt have winter shoes so she will slip the most. I cant remember who was behind me but I'll check.There were about 4 people behind me. 
 It was strange being up front with Cassie usually im in the back.  Olivia was in the back with the younger girls who came to ride.  They looked like regulars but they were very quiet.   It was cold in the thrities.

Met a new horse named Dallas. He's pretty cool and he likeds carrots too. Olivia and Cassie love the new horse.The ride seemed so stressful for the horses.  The horses and the ride couldnt go through the lake area because the conditions were so rough.

Bogie wasnt riding so I had to make sure that I go down and give the Bad Boy horses some carrots.  Bogie was with his buddies and they didnt even fight over the carrots.

Before I was walking away to leave, Bobby opened the office door and said, "Do you think you are going to get away with leaving and not coming in to talk to me?"  He was right.  I was avoiding him. I was afraid of hearing what he was going to say.  He told me a story or two about the day and then he said.  Well I had to have Fred taken away on the truck. He explained that he tried very hard to solve a difficult problem.  He had to let Fred go.  I knew it must have been hard and he was interested to see how I was going to respond.  I dont blame him. I told him Im amazed at how he does it.  He had so much bad weather with the Blizzard he can really only take care of the fittest horses.  He does a great job.  After learning more about horses and running a farm I am not envious of the decisions and the business.  Its best to leave it to him and the family.  I will take care of the graphics and storytelling work.












No comments:

Post a Comment