Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Lucky to be with Duke on Saturday 9am


The morning was cool temps, I wasn't sure if Id need a coat or not.  I was able to ride with Duke.  So happy. I love just seeing him not only being with him.  Got in a little earlier but still not early enough.  Amy was in no Laurie of KAnti.  In the barn, I checked in an the guides were still putting together the horses.  Sandi called me over to do the tacking with her and Duchess.  I thought it was nice.  I had to get ready to go out because the ride was setting up quickly.
Sandi asked me if I wanted to help her tack up Duchess with her.  I said sure.  We went and got her saddle and she showed me how to carry it.

She put it on the rail and then she showed me that the plaid pad was Duchess because it was large sized.  She said the red plaid was for Hershey.  She took a blanket and folded it over the pad and the fold was placed in the front of Duchess and the open end on the back.  She showed me to to check in the back to see if they were even.
Then she went to Duchess's left side and placed the saddle on her back gently.  Then she placed the stirrups over to the other side.
She ran the bottom leather under Duchess and put it through the ring on the right side of Dutchy when she walked over to Duchess's right side.  At that point she ran the leather strap back to the left, then pulled up to the hoop and put it through very much like a mans tie.  Then gently pull tightly.  She then lead Duchess out to the paddock to go out on the ride.



On the ride I was behind June the horse. She was small and very pretty.  I believe that Bob got her at the auction.  They think she is pregnant.  A very young girl was riding her.  She said her name was Angela and she was Lexie's friend.  She seemed like a nice girl.  They are seem like the girls that used to ride when I was a girl.
I really like the attitude of for example Sheila and Anja, they are not the snobby horse types.  I am hoping to avoid riders with strange attitude.








The ride was nice.  Cant believe that the trail was so dusty everywhere.   Paid Bob the check 1/2 lease for Duke at the end of the ride.  Laurie had mentioned it and I figured why not be early or on time.  I don't like being late all the time.








Laurie and I brushed out Pedro and we tried to work with the little donkeys in the field. It was a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment