Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Big Day-Duke on the trails with me, hopefully for a long time

Great ride with Duke,  he wanted to kick it up but it was a walk-only day.
He is 12 years old.  Picture from 2010 when they first got Duke.  He was so English. I got this from Cassie

Deer are so comfortable at the farm, they graze in the fields with no fears like the horses.

Decided to ride at 10am and miss the 9am bustle of all the kids and riders.  I got to the farm at 940 and it was pretty quiet.  Many horses seemed ready. Kanti's car was there.  I checked around the ring and most of the guides were there, Theresa, Cassie, Sarah, Sandi Bob and Bobby.  Cassie said that the 9am was pretty non existent.  Amy, the new young girls Lexie, Laure and Kanti went out.
Cassie was talking to the girls as we were getting ready for the 10am.  The girls had told Cassie how many times they cantered.  She came right back at them and said they were mean to the horses.  Cantering on such as hot day?  The horses were barely keeping cool standing still and those girls thought it was a good idea to make them run several times.  I was glad that I skipped riding early.  I am not sure that the group will listen.  90+ degree days are, no trotting days, why would you make a horse canter.  Poor horses.
Kanti felt so bad that she didn't speak up while they were on the ride.  She is a nice woman.

On the ride at 10 there was a young couple and a whole batchelorette Party. They were so cute wearing cowboy hats with pink and the bride to be had a veil on the hat.  They all were so fun, talkative, social and they were having such a time getting on the horses.  I stayed out at the water barrels with the young couple.  Afteer a long time the rest of the girls came out.  I had to move Duke up a few times.
Apache hasn't been feeling good, he's hurt.  He's resting.



Fun group on the 10am ride.  Bachelette Party
Kanti had texted me that she had spoken to Bob about buying Bogie.  It seemed so exciting.  We went out on our ride and we were able to the spend sometime with Theresa.  She was riding Peso and we talked about her sweet horses from Kentucky. Their names are Cirrus, Journey and I forgot the last one.  She amazed me.
Theresa's horses, Cirus, Journey and the dad

While we were getting ready to go into the woods I pointed up to the hill where Blue ran so fast that I lost my stirrup.   I told her how Blue when getting ready to run jumps up so high that it excites me and I feel  how powerful he is.  She told me a story of her and the new boarder who is Taffy a mare, was out on a trail that Vicky (Cassie and Theresa's cousin) made and when Blue came around a corner he saw a hill they were going to run up she said he did it to her.  She described it so good.  She said that Blue turned his head to the left side to look at her and leaped into the air to fly up the hill.

She said she went left and then right and lost her stirrup.
It was exactly what happen to me up the hill.   think Im going to really like Theresa.
I talked with Bob,  after Cassie told me she thought that me with Duke and Kanti with Bogie, is a great match.  My heart melted.

The ride was so nice.  I took pictures we were walking quickly, Duke was behind Peso and whenever he had the chance he picked up his step.  I twas exciting.  I hope that I will make a wonderful trustworthy friend for him.  I can't wait to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment