Total Pageviews

Friday, February 20, 2015

Terrible - Roof of the Dining room collapses on Oreo, Midnight, Stetson, Shenendoah, Foxie, King and Cisco

At work today I received a text from Kanti will in an online meeting. There was a roof collapse at the farm.  Well it must be the boarder barn or the main barn I thought.  I imagined no horses were even in the big barn.  As the time went on I found out terrible news.  It was the dining room.
The raw video broke my heart as I see Sarahon the news working to help Foxie out of a mangled metal mess.  There were rescue people everywhere.  She looked tough as they pulled her out with a blanket on her head.  I have heard that later rescuers and vets with fire dept.
As I was on Facebook Stacie posted to my web that she asked if Duke was ok and gave prayers.  Then many others.  As I shared that I was crying and my heart ached for all of the horses and they pain for the hurt ones.  Also I mention I was so scared Duke was hurt because he and Domino - Hershey love to hang out in the back.
Oreo, Midnight, Stetson, Shenendoah, Foxie, King and Cisco, Foxe was the last to get out alive.  Mariah was hurt badly.  Those horses went to another farm for care.  Its been terrible.

Its a lll too much. Not sure Ill write too much more.  I have seen so many interviews on the news read the Boston globe article etc.  Val sent me a text tonight she said that the whole Bobby's group with Lexie, Kellie and everyone did the best they could.

The link below shows where the rescuers are working before the rest of the crew have arrived

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/02/20/roof-westford-ranch-collapses-with-horses-inside/wlKNvLid3wo74chbqqXIwJ/story.html?event=event25%3Fevent%3Devent25

Im so grateful they were there and I am sad for the loss of those sweet souls, King and Cisco.

A second structure at Bobby's Ranch in Westford collapses

Cisco

 King







Just not fair to those sweet horses.

 All the poor little horses



No comments:

Post a Comment