Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sunday working on the ground, on his tail and Playing

Sunday, in the afternoon we need to be in NH but I feel like I can get the cake, hang with Duke, shower and get home in time to leave before 1pm.  It was close, we left at 1:08-ish.
I was so happy to get to the farm.  Yesterday it was still snowing and felt cold.  We got about 3+ inches and I just don't feel like driving around in the snow or slippery.  By the afternoon it was sunny.
Today was Sunday, after last Sunday I prayed that the farm has everyone yesterday instead of today.  I just want some quiet-time with Duke.  It worked.

Kanti was driving out of the farm with her little dog.  She said the girls had brushed out Duke this morning and he was back in the field.  I was surprised.  Kanti said she brushed him and Boogie.  So cute.  Amanda was working in the ring with Stetson.  I wished that those guys liked him more.  He's the farm bad boy.
When I got there Kanti was driving out of the farm in her car.  It was nice. I think that Laurie had met her and they hung out with the horses.  I have been enjoying being alone with Duke.  He was perfect today when I was taking care of him.  His tail is so nice clean and silky.  Each week I love to work with him on stuff.
This week I went to Tractor Supply and bought some very nice things.  Some oil for the latino, a New Ball,  pan for snacks, Showsheen, Apple crunch snacks, Jerky Snacks for Fletcher, and a very nice brush for his tail.  It was great I was able to brush through his tail with it and sprayed with the Showsheen and the Cowboy Magic Green remover.

Duchess and Stetson





Bobby was in the ring with Duchess today.  Amanda was working with Stetson.  She was so sweet but they both tried to charge the fence so Bobby put the electric on.  I went into the tack room and Bobby Amanda and Theresa were talking. Suddenly Stetson went running by then behind him Duchess, to charge the gate.  So cute but that is when Bobby put the power inot the gate.

In the field

Popped out to the field.  Gave it the Duke Call, he was at th end of the field with the small horse, Tulsa, Bogie, Duke, DominoTeddy were all champion away on hay.  It looked fun.  I got there bu ton the way, Blue gave me the love he always does give me.  I think he is an amazing horses.  Just staying.  Duke was his self waiting for me to attache the lead line on him.  HE eventually pulled way from eating and we walked the entire circle of the plowed trail.  It was mostly snow until I got on the other side.   Duke was able to stand on the snow and it didn't not crunch down.  He's got to way 2000 lbs and he's feet did not sink.  I was pretty impressed with the strength the snow.  We walked back to the gate. Duke showed me an easier path that had less ice so we went his path to the gate.  We walked through and down the road.  I love to walk with him.














Walking on the Road












Clean Tail


Free In the Ring

In the ring after brushing him out and getting the snarls out of this tail.  He was the best ever with me working on his tail. very well behaved I was so proud.  He didn't kick but  I know he wanted snacks.  He I believe understands that if he does good he gets snacks on the way back to the herd.  He gets it.
I let him in the ring completely free.  He felt the freedom he's walked around and I let him mosey around.





New Ball

 I then got the ball and he smelt it.  HE was going to bite it.  I thought it looked like he has played with a horse ball before.  The little mini Potatoe I think his name is came over too and played with the ball.  Duke and he sort of nudged it.  At the end of the day I gave Theresa the ball and let her know if she wanted to play with it later Id love it.







Back to the Herd, Good Boy







No comments:

Post a Comment