Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Cooler Big Saturday, 70s+ and Duke Trotted alongside no lead

Two great rides and it ended with a fail for a 3rd ride but a beautiful trot with me and no lead line back to the herd.  I feel that working with Duke with no other people that are experts has been the most benifitial.  Just saying.  I love when it is just us.
We had two nice rides.  Terry, Laurie and myself rode with Terry and Foxie working to lead.   I like Terry, she is actually more experienced and doesnt act like she knows everything, although she may know more than everyone else.  ;)
I enjoyed the 9am ride very much.  Terry seems to want to keep it simplier on the rides I feel that she may be more of a match for me and Duke than the adventurous ones.  She enjoys a simple ride and also doesnt need to beat on the horses on the and push them on straightaway.  I love my time with Duke before the ride and after.  I felt that I shouldnt have tried to go a third time because I had already started to cue up Duke that we were finsihed for the day.  It made it even worse.
He was great on the trails, wanted to sneak in canters and also listened while we did secret tricks in the back of the ride.  Hes a good boy.  I dont want to go kicking him and pulling all the time on his mouth.
Beautiful Duke at the LakeSwing
On the 2nd ride a deer was so sweetly munching on grass on the back trail
I should have told Laurie no on the last ride around the farm. It set me back with him and I should listen to my heart when it comes to him and his work with me.

Duke is so much larger than Apache





Not a good idea for a 3rd ride with Laurie, but after was great






Hanging back I could see the swarm of horse flies at the woods  end of 2nd ride






Add caption


When Kanti got there we went out again and it was very nice.  We saw a sweet deer in the woods and we were able to trot alot.  I like both of the rides very much.  Duke was very happy on the trails and I was looking forward to the time at the end of the visit with him to just relax and fool around.
Thats our style.  I want to have fun iwht him and work with his areas.
No one at the farm has ever worked with him in the ring at all.  He has never been a guide horse either. He it a little bit behind as far as being easy to work on the different drills.


No comments:

Post a Comment