Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 18, 2015

First Day with Roper Saddle, took a trail ride cool breezy

Rained all morning but I headed over to the ranch.  When I got there everyone was eating a BBQ with Joey all the guides and the family too.  It was so very nice.  I went and got Duke for the rail.  I didn't think I would ride today, too muggy.  It seemed that the muggy air was making everyone sweaty including the horses.  When I got Duke he came pretty easily from his eating hay with friends.  There were so many horses back in the herd. 

I brushed Duke out and worked with his hoofs.  I was very excited to give him his special carrots at th eend of his work with me.  Laurie looked like she had gone out for a quick ride alone.  I went sure Id go out.  It was pretty quiet when I got there but soon the rides were getting bigger.  I ended up going out after all with my old Roper Saddle.  It was finally almost complete.  Only needs the snaps for the brown leather riens and the chin strap for the beautiful bridle that we have.
















No comments:

Post a Comment