Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Low 60s, Duke's sneaky trotting got Barb and Foxie hopping

Early morning at the farm,  when I got there Barb was getting her chaps on.  She was pretty happy to see me.  Shes a very nice lady.  The rest of the ladies were prob resting after the NH clinic.  The white goat stole my banana and ran away with it.  It was funny.
Duke was in his stall waiting.  He starts backing up as soon as I get there.  I love it.  He does love to go with me.  I have decided that the leather saddle can be for winter.  The lightwieight one is great for these hot weeks in July August and prob Sept.
He looks amazing in the leather one and I have it just how I want it.  Its beautiful.
Today I knew Id just be going on a walk ride but, the ride got off late so we didn't go around the lake.  The newer lightweight roper girth is great for him now.  I love it.  I brought the chin strap for the 2nd bridle. I can keep using it with him so he's happy about it.
Winter, Katies new horse that is black and white with a beautiful outline of Old Man of the Mountain on her butt.  She is a beauty.  When I was leaving Katie was riding her gracefully in the indoor ring.  I had just gotton off Duke.  He hates the ring.  I don't knw what to do about it but its ok.
I took some pics of Cassie riding Winter for the first time, it was nice.
The ride was very pleasant.  I enjoyed how Duke created a little gap between Blue Hershey and himself so that he can quick trot back in place.  This gave Barb a more thrilling ride without bothering her back or her health.  I was worried at first and asked Duke to stop fooling around so that Foxie didn't feel it was time to trot.  Well it looked as though Barb liked it and Foxie did too. 
We talked a lot about Joanne and her dad and her upcoming trip to LA for riding and visiting. Im very excited for her.




No comments:

Post a Comment