Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 26, 2019

All the STalls and helped mend the fence Duke broke



SATURDAY -  Tried hard to get over early, 11am isn't that early.  Krystyyn and B
onnie were in the office chilling. Krystyn n said that Duke was naughty and took down a coupe of planks of the fence between He and Muke ], He was just standing there in his friends paddock just like owned it. Krystyn started to try and get the hose out of the huge trench filled diwth deep ice and the hose was buried in the ice.  She used a hammer and I took a large rock and we started smashing the ice. The we went into the paddock and fixed the 2 boards that Duke had nocked out.
Then I wentt to town and cleaned all of the stalls on both sides. It was crazy. I feel pretty tired.
SUNDAY - Drove over to the barn after going to O'Connor Hardware, getting the soil and the container for the bulbs to plant so that I can get them into the ground to bloom for spring.
Next week I hope we can get the Blue Bird feeder in right near the paddocks in front of the house in this picture below, so that I can visit Duke and see the Blue Birds. The paddocks were less frozen on Sunday than they were on Saturday. Duke didn't come right when I called him, I had the gate open pushed Doc back and then finally Duke came, I had stepped toward him with my boots on onto the mud but it was sort of still a bit solid from the cold over the past few days/weeks.  I stepped over and he came over to me and out the agame. No grass to eat but he kniew I had somethig in my pocket. We walked down the path, over the mud road over the gravel and down Greenwood Road on the soft wet dirt on the edges and then as we walked we drifted over to the grassy moist dead straw like growth.  As Duke walked he didn't look as strong as he had looked last week.  He was also stiff and not comfortable walking. Last night I only walked out about 1/3 the way down the road. Today we walked all the way to Bonneis and on the way back we stayed on the same side as we had walked.  Most times we cross the street and walk back on the other side the side of the fields that face the opposite of the barn.  A cyclist biked past us on the way down. I stopped Dke and we had snacks and grased in the field. I talked to him. The funny thing is on eh way back the cyclist turned around and duke looked at him, same time a car also came by on the road.  We saw the car the cyclist and then we took a cookie and ignored them all. We walked back toward the barn and just before we walked our walk behind the hay barn and then behind around and back into the barn.  It was a good grazing plenty of chewing and then back to the barn.  Into his stall and I brushed him out great. Then I did his tail with the itchy stuff.  Brushed him all over as Scottie told me about how she was kicked in the stomach and she showed me the terrible bruise she said that Doc liked her when he was in the arena he back kicked her as he was running around crazy.  I felt terrible. I gave everyone snacks and then Kayla came over with Duke's supper.  He snorts and jumps around when he sees her with the buckets. I was just about to get picture   from Scottie  posing to take it.  he was so sweet to me at the stall window.  Then there food came around the corner  and he became a hungry horror boy.  Stamping at the corner with his feed bucket hangs.  I broke of some of the crunchy oat bars and shared them with all of the horses in the aisle and then back to Duke. I gave all of the snacks out and then talked to Pattie as I left out the door.  She said that Sienna threw her in the arena last week when Scott and Gaelen. also that it was very difficult to ride Sienna when there are lots of people here a the barn. I agree and really avoid it.  Im so sorry she was thrown because Siena loves her. <3
Walked up today and saw Duke quietly playing with Duke in the corner playfully stuffing on their halters <3
This was after he saw I was here, he stood there not coming as I was calling. Dusty aka Doc tried to get snacks and be pushy, I had to push him back.




No comments:

Post a Comment