Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 20, 2019

Saturday in 20s getting ready for the snowstorm

Heading over in the am after some chores at home and getting Joey and Ashley their little ones new crib with Rob. Such a big weekend, Friday scoring the venue for Raych's and Joe's big day, Saturday a crib for Baby McHugh.  Its so nice that I can come to my barn, with my friends and just be on a farm.  Be with the goats, horses and with nice friends like Bonnie, Krystyn and her brother.
Duke is fine out with Dusty aka Doc.  Duke was over in the corner with his little friend or big friend I think its Muke. I feel good that Duke hangs out with a buddy <3.
I am still working on Doc not being a jerk. I called Duke over for his snacks. I had snacks for both of them but Doc gets nothing without Duke being over ready for his first.
Anyway the family was in the small room smoking, Its so nice to have them as friends.  They are truly a change from being on the outside at some other barns.
Well anyway I did my mucking while they rested in the office. I did Duke's Siennas Babes then Africa George Kenzi and Muke. Im not sure how many because Krystyn was really kicking in to help when she came out after their break.  She takes turns to take each of the loads of manure out to the back and dump.






After it seemed like 2 hours. I went out and got Duke, I put him in the arena as I finished the stalls. He watched me as I finished up the stalls. I felt good to have him run around in the arena. He was quiet and he rolled in the arena so bad. I saw his dent in the soil and also the white hair scattered in the dirt.  Hes such a funny boy.
Anyway he was pretty patient but I was worried he'd break out of the arena. Bonnie ordered me some lunch and we sat in the office and had some salad with really good chicken. They had a pizza too.
I went out after eating and could really feel the cold it was gettin even more cold as I worked.
I went out to the arena and Duke was waiting patiently to prance around for me and with me. Its so
dam cool.

I went out and there he was looking.  I grabbed a couple of cookies and headed out into the arena.  Krystyn said he was lame in the front Hoff. I felt back and thought I would just walk him. As I let him go w/o the lead line on.  I work with him and get him excited by whistling and also by just calling his name and starting to make quick movements that get him really excited.  I love this feeling that he taps energy from me. Anyway when he get excited and runs and kicks his legs up, it warms my heart. Hes such a special horse he's like no other.  He has the sweetest sense of humor. Kristin Perry said so many nice things about his behavior when she is brining him in, then she lovingly said how sweet he is when he wants to trot on the way into the barn. I told her to be careful, she said she would not trust another horse at the barn to do that with out taking off on her. I felt really good about her comment. The comments about his new blanket, red was so positive I thought that Duke should wear an 84 but Krystyn said that an 81 would be fine.  It looks snug today but Im sure it will be ok. Its a warm blanket bright red.

Ear;oer in the arena I took his old purple one off and let him run wild with no blanket we did our excesses around at least 4 times I think we did 6 in our formation of around, X and back and forth through the center.  We got in our mile. Bonnie was competing that the ground frozen as it is isn't good for horses especially this guy.  Its too hard for him.  Im glad she speaks openly to me about things. I really value her and Krytyns opinions.  We worked out together and it was amazing as usual. Im thinking that ai might want to make sure we get the weekly training with Krystyn working manners and also Liberty.
We went outside and grabbed in the frozen grass, it was so hard to find any grass that is good to eat. Poor duke we went behind the barn near the tractors, always a good place.

No comments:

Post a Comment