Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Stalls, grooming and a walk in the snowy edge of Greenwood Road

Went over to the barn today, not too early Bonnie and Krystyn hadn't started the stalls and it was about 1145am.  I said I'm good Ill get to it. I went ahead and did Duke's Lily Joliet and then went back to Gaelens and I think I did Spicey.  then I went over and did Brat, Kenzi In not sure if there Is any more. It took a while to get the stalls clean. As I go in and scoop up the little nuggests that are sprawled around each of the stalls, I learned that if you thow them up against the wall you can get the nuggets out.
Duke was in the paddock that he likes not his.  Krystyn said he's been just walking over the fence and going to be with Muke.  I like that he is a boy who wants to go beyond the limits of the paddock.  Hes free when hes with out him.  When I walked over to him before I went into the office with a big apple for him and one for Muke too. He was in the far away corner saw me and began to talk to me. It was pretty good feeling, your horse sort of talking to you because he sees you. I gave them both an apple, it was so nice.
I took Duke out for a walk on the snow on the road. I talk to him and tell him that hes not going to jerk away of to jump up. Hes got to stay cool while we walk.  When I checked the arena Kristie was on Jonny working out with him and her newer saddles that she was working with him. I walked him in to the arena and then right back out.



















No comments:

Post a Comment