Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 27, 2019

Finally back with Duke

Was able to have an afternoon iwth Duke again. I missed him so much. Usually I spend my birthday withhim, Try and take the day off and go for a ride.  Well we had to go get the little cradle for baby Valerie. We drove to Quincy kinda a long way from home. A lady was sellig it on Facebook.
Well didnt get home for a while.
Off to the Barn around 2 or so. When I got there I could see Jess car, and Stacies too. So the Perrys were there. Seemed early to be feeding the horses but it had been threatening rain for awhile.
I went directly over to Duke, the door to my side of the barn was closed, strange I imagined that Stacie and a bunch of people were taking up space over there. I went right to get Duke.  Doc gave me a little bit of grief.  I took him aside, used the lead line to let him know that Im here for Duke.  I called him and Duke was a bit energetic and came running. I scooted Doc away and then was able to get Duke out the gate. he went right for the grass. The soild was so deep with water and thick mud.  Duke found a nice spot with green grass on the other side of teh game. I gave Doc a snack only after he listened and I was able to get Duke out of there.
As i was going to see if we could get to have Duke walk right away, he starts jumping, rearig and then back kicking. it was very strange.  Then I decide that he was gong to have to walk off his aggressive ness in the arena.
Arena juming
Grooming in his stall
Out in the ailse for a shampooing
After calming down out for a nice walk in the wind and some grazing out outsdie the barn.




No comments:

Post a Comment