Total Pageviews

Friday, November 29, 2019

Shorter visits and, missing my Duke

Its been crazy lately on the weekends I havent had teh hours I like to spend over with him shortened to 2 hours we dont get to do as much. I had gotten to the barn late and missed helping with the chores. my head hurt form some kind of a gluten thing.
I went over on Saturday and June was working out Cisco. She said hello from the arena. I was brushing him out after I had gotten him from the paddock.  Doc/Dusty is getting better and having Muck next to them both is great. I saw Duke standing over with Muck in the sun.  Makes me feel great. As I come over now, Doc respects me and allows Duke (doesnt get in his face and block him) to come over and be taken out. I bring snacks for the family (Doc, Duke and Muck) . I shew Doc away when its time to get Duke out the gate.  Things have improved dramatically.
Well back to the story. Duke was covered a bit with the crusty black mud. Its fun to groom him and love it.
As I was brushing him out and treating his itchy tail June said if I wanted to go into the arena there was time before her lesson with Krystyn taking some video of Ciscos progress etc.
I was a little bit hesitant to take him in becicase I was just going to sort of hang out but reluctantly I went in with him. He was just about the worst he'd been in a while.  Like I said hes terrible ehen ever June is at the barn. Well he was kinda jerky but did get his exercise. I walked him a bit and then finished his brushing. I decided that he needed some exercise and I had really diciiplined him at the arena when he was misbehaving. We went out down the road. It went well and I left on a good note. :)
Got him all cleaned up took the walk and grazed in the field. When he returned in the paddock I felt much bettter. And again the guys in the paddock are much better than last winter.  Looking forward to some time with Dusty snacking too.


No comments:

Post a Comment