Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 3, 2019

First Cold Weekend Nov Alpacas and Dukes doing good

Saturday, I was up in NH iwht April when Krystyn gave me a note, she asked if I could help her clean up the stall for the new Alpacas we were picking up iwth Liv on Sunday. So exciting, I made sure my heair was almost perfect and then I rushed down to the house to change and run over to the barn. When I got there pretty late the stalls were still not finished and Bonnie and Krysten were very busy but really smiilng. Duke was in the paddock and I slipped him an apple before talking with the ladies.  There was another new horse coming the one from Bobbys did not decide to follow through. Not a problem because she may not be able to fit. Greenwood has alot going for a horse owner whos looking for a rich experience for her horse and her too.  Luckily Krystyn is a trainer and doing lots of work with the horses at the stable. Oh yeah Duke got his shots last week, 30 bucks and hes ok

Anyway, so many good things happened I want to list them now.  Duke was able to be taken out of paddock without Dock acting up.  Duke did excellent work in the arena although he only wants to go one way, its ok because he has issues. We were able to walk approx 2 miles together did a small farm walk and a warm up in arena and then his work out. I did quite a few stalls to pitch in and the best news is that Imgoing over to get the Alpacas with Liv, Bonnie Krystyn in Sudbury on route 27.
Im so happy. Duke was excited to do his work out, he rolled like a puppy over and over then jumped up iwth no problems. I had plenty o apples and was able to share with all of the horses. I like how Muck, Doc and Duke stand otgether. I find that Duke is somewhat happier. Hes feet were absolutely soaked iwth mud I dried out his feet while walking in the arena and brushed off his mud brushed him out. His tail and coat look amazing, so good. I thought this summer was a touch time and he looked ouchy and stiff many days. Hes better now!  Hope to keep it going all winter into 2020
Hes been so good, I just love him so much.
Even that I didnt take his picture it just doesnt matter hes looking so healthy fat and happy. Hes an older horse but he looks like a million bucks. We will keep working out each week with Krystyn all winter and then I hope to be able to do some riding in arena and then the fileld.
today Ill be going to get the alpacas with the barn ladies and with Liv.

She said no payment, meet at 1030 her house, Im meeting over at the barn at 1010 so Im leaving here at 930, so very exciting <3
Ill do a couple of chores and head out.
Heres some pictures from Sunday after we came back from the alpacas Kristie and Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment