Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Bentley or Simple Punch thoroughbred Potential adoptee

Had a very enlightening experience over the past 3 weeks. I filled out an adoption application for this sweet horse Bentley. I thought that it may be a nice move for me, like Duke he is educated and I would be dedicated to his welfare as a rescue and rehab. He had a life as a race horse and then as a jumper that was not properly cared for during his professional time. His owners did not give him the proper support when he was over worked for competitions in jumping. this lead to his injuries and then the difficulties in healing. NEER has had him in rehab also since 2019, over 3 years at a foster home. It seemed like a nice place for me to come in and help. With Krystyn being very supportive with my thinking and willing to help in every way I felt like this is something I could work. 
Last week, there was an update that Bentley's progress and that he would need an intermediate rider to own him. Patty sent me a text, I believe she is getting a kick out of the progress and different ways I have been recovering from losing Duke and also working on seeing If I can make a transition to the next horse for our family.

Looked at some horses at the 4H shows but did not dig into any sales. Then I checked out Whitmores little dun that I fell in love with, Kerri was thinking it may not be healthy enough for a long term relationship.
It was heartbreaking.  Then this guy shows up, I was dreaming of what it would be like to work with a professional guy, easy going and also at our barn he would fit in. Patty talked a lot to me about what it would be like, that the thoroughbred's Run Hot. Seems like I could manage . . . I thought about working in the arena, taking lessons, getting into horse riding shape, really would be exciting. 
I put in my application and started dreaming of this guy as my friend, spending time to help him out too. It was exciting. He was big like Duke, 16.2. Duke was 16.3. Looking that up its 5'7" my height. Duke was perfect of course.
Well Patty called me and let me know there was an update on the NEER site that he was progressing but required a more advanced rider to adopt. 
I was on board with their decision so that its the right fit for him and his future.








https://www.pedigreequery.com/simple+punch

No comments:

Post a Comment