Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 6, 2023

Sunday, late day dewormed, sunny warm, another set of new boots and Beau seemed down


It was a pretty warm sunny summer day. I meant to go to see Beau on Saturday but was so busy unpacking on Saturday, plus Raychel came over with WEs and we did some playing and swimming.
Well it was hard to do chores, put stuff away and also make sure I was able to get over to see Beau. I want to ride soon but he seems kinda achey. I hadnt seem him in a week and a half. Since the Wednesday that Erika came to the barn for a visit.
So good to be able to see him again. I walked up the hill it was about 230 and maybe 82 degrees really sunny and nice.  As I walked up the hill each of the horses neighed at me, whinneyed. As I passed the round pen with Dusty in it, I gave him one of the apples from down the street. small little delicous tasting apple. He was happy. all the other horses were at the edge of the gates but Beau was not at his gate, funny. Well i spoke to the other horses and told them that I was not coming for them but for my horse Beau.
As I got to the top of the hill and turned the cornver he wasnt at the gate, he heard my voice and came running I called his name and he answered me back.
I had a little appe for him and then hooked his lead line to this halter and opened the gate. He was happy to step out and grab some grass. We walked down the driveway past the hay barn turned around and headed bck to the barn into the barn.
I brought Beau down and gave him a good brushing on the ties. I had a ton of carrots for him. After a bit I brought him out to the arena, hes walking a bit lame. He pooped in the arena and I forgot to clean up his poop. I feel bad.  We worked out by walking around together.  He seemed off but I do think that he was sad, because I was away for so long. He was not as affectionate as he usually was. but he was obident but sort of dragging.  We walked for a while about 15min or so and I tried to get him to run a bit but he was tired. I took him outside and rinsed him off.  He had so much salt on his back that I thought it was sand as I brushed it away before his shower.
Talking to Krystyn and Patti in the barn, it was nice 
Before I left I put together the new supplements, it looked like I have about 16 baggies in the jar. I need to track them better.  

He had only one of the fly boots on that he had to keep the flies off him. The other one was ripped up but I think I can fix it.  I put one of the new boots on so hes got 2 now. 

Beau seemed off in the arena, he wasnt as affectionate but was not in a bad mood. We walked around on the dirt road out front. Also I gave Beau his de wormer.












 

No comments:

Post a Comment