Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 19, 2023

Late to barn again almost rode

 Washed the floors, did some laundry. The weather is so strange, cold, and really cloudy. It was like 67 today, Aug 19th 2023. Usually its hot. Patti send me a note that it was only her and Bonnie at 1pm but I was still working on house did get over until 3pm. Patti was there and we talked. I brought Beau in, he was pretty chatty at the paddock. I went by his old paddock and where there was te pool of water the horse there had a ton of weeds growing. I felt lucky that Krystyn had moved him up top. I am so glad about it. 




Talked to SCotti at the very end, after Patti left. Scotti was sharing how she was in PT for her balance. Patti told me later that she was worried about deworming, and asked for help deworming for Dusty. Her eyes were sort of enlarged and she was talking about how she was uncomfortable with her teeth. 
We ended up sharing that we both were working with quilting and she and I are doing paper piecing templates. She is focused on making small pot holders. She said that they were especially small. it was very interesting listening to her methods. I showed her my quilts that I had made in the past.




Got Beau out of paddock, horses were out even though I tought they might be in today because it looked like rain. As I walked up to the paddock area, Beau listened to my voice that he started to make horse noises and paced a bit. he knew i was coming for him and he made touch horse sounds. it was sort of funny.

Kayla came into the back of the barn, while I was tacking up Beauin the arena, she opened the door and left it open. I think she was just a bit inconsiderate, I was working with Beau and she didnt check on me she just yelled door opened it and then sort of left me holding him with his halter down and I was getting readay to put on his bridle. 

I let her know that it was not good and decided not to ride after all because Rebels owner had come in with 2 dogs. I dont really like dogs in the stable, it makes me feel its a set up for an accident. Its not good to bring dogs into the barn while oteres are trying to do stuff. My opinion completely


I had my crop with him, he wasnt like all lovey with me he was all grass eating. I saw that the back door was closed, and I walked around front, Patti had already worked out with Sienna and she rode. She seemed really happy. She said that tomorrow she is going to be late because shes going to breakfast with Meera.

Beau grabbed grass we went into the front and he did that thing I really worry about, he yanked the lead line and ran into his stall. I was mad at him.  I went in after him and grabbed his lead line and brought him into the arena, he chewed on the wood as I put up the plank, it took a piece of wood off. 

He was pretty gentle,after I got him back out of the stall brought, As he entered into arena's for work out, and  I round penned him, he took off like a bullet, I was almost.  today we did a little bit of backing up and turning. Then we did the running. Beau was crazy running after I got him going. He goes good for a few turns then goes crazy with sporadic run and turn with sudden stops. I do enjoy him runing like he does.


Tacked Beau up in the arena and was going to ride if kayla hadnt gone into the space and brought in the horses. Here I had the pad on but he moved to the mounting block and I put in the the saddle, the sinch was very dry, before I left I put together the bags for supplements and also oiled the sinch.



No comments:

Post a Comment