Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 22, 2024

At the Barn both Saturday and Sunday, so happy

 Showed up on Sataurday, Patti said I had just l missed everyone, the older couple came to ride their horse Jolie and Spice. Bonnie and Krystyn were their to make sure that they were safe in the arena. Also THere were even more people there but i forgot who they work.

I walked in and the horses were in and it was raining pretty good outside. The horses were and and Patti was tacking up Sienna, she turned to be angry as Pattie put on the saddle with a tight girth. Sienna did not like it and she looked like she was gong to bite or something. 

After Patti rode in the arena, which I was surprised to see her riding, I was going to bring him into the arena for some exercises. Beau likes to do the workouts. HEs so good at his backward work outs. He did so many.  I asked him to go the the mounthing block and stand while I walk up it and then down. 




There was only one thing, I have been noticing in the arena, after a little while, Beau will get very aggressive, head shaking from side to side, almost lovingly but also and getting into my space. I do not think hes nice when he is doing this he is becoming more aggressive. Head shaking when excited, I thought about all Saturday night. Then in the morning I started to look more and reserach it. Its like petting a cat until they get crazy, "overstimulated"  too much sugar.

He almost needs to be pusbut I have een hed back on im get aggressive and I dont want to have that kind of a relatioonship with him. Maybe too many treats.

I saw a thing today, give rewards adn then get more with less less.

Stop with rewards.



Then Sunday it was very nice, horses are out, all smiles. Patti was on the phone with Stacie for the baby pigeon that I had pointed out to her the day before.  I planned to keep Beau on a workout schedule sort. I went into the paddock and talked with Beau, he was good at the gate, we walked around the farm, walked out to the roadway, around the side of the barn. Kept walking and stopping him. I was worried about his listening skills.



Tried to get Patti to more, I had o ask, not sure what kind of passiveness there is there. As I was working with him, she interferes in the areas, insisting on sweeping directly under me. I was glad that she moved Sienna when I asked about having room in the aisle. Still it's good to be able to have them both on the cross ties at the same time. I never had that problem before. She puts Sienna far from the actual area that is hers, at the doorway. I sometimes can't figure it out.

its been interested to consider that I should change up my arrival time.





I had him on the cross ties for about 20min. He kinda hates it but I need him to get more accustomed to being worked and having the routine.

Felt so much better staying longer, the newer girl came who is dating a Greenwood. she seemed ok.

When I got there the couple with 2 horses were there and they are very happy with their horses and nice to talk to too.  No Kristie :)



No comments:

Post a Comment