Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 8, 2024

Only at barn, on Sunday, sunny 70s, nice

 Finally was able to get Patti out of the house, its been over 2 weeks. 

I texted her to see if she wanted to visit late in the day on Sunday, she was good to go.

Was with Wes overnight and then we were busy at the house, little tired from staying up late. We went for an early mornnig walk to get our big boy caterpillar, visited the waterfall at the dam, made doughnuts, hit Joann fabrics, A great weekend with Wes <3.

But dropped him back off at home, headed over to the barn, except for Beau being excellent and finally getting to see Patti, I was disappointed because Kristie trying to make a gang of friennds.

But keeping track on why you are at the barn works everytime. Ran up to the paddock, there he was so cute, just waiting, I felt bad that I didnnt see him on Saturday but the day was pretty full with swimming with Wes all day. It was a full weekend.



I let Beau graze at teh top of the hill near the paddock and then we did he exercises, well he started doing them as we walked down. I didnt go into too much really just some walking backwards and no side movinng and no turns, I saw his knee highs were gettinng a bit snuck down soemtimes when I get there on the weekends. We walked down then into the arena, I did not see June but she slammed a tool or something, and Beau reared up and spun his butt around. I thought itwas just a bird but it was June.
I told Beau to take it easy.  We ended up working out doing the back ups andn he did a perfect at the stair step, So proud.



Then I took him out to the grass, grazed until he was feeling great. Then we walked back into our stall. He was great.

If no one was there I would have walked him down the roadway, maybe next time. Washint there lonng really but it was enough. Talked with the group on the way out, then drove back to Pattis, talked for while about Patti's colitis and dealing with stress, gave her advice. 

New Little Goat Pancake

Pancake, hes only a few months old and his voice is so cute. I dont hear the other goats do much vocalizing but this little one is being protected by the black goat and its so cute.


For the last few months I visualize putting on Beau's saddle and getting him tacked up in the arena. I will keep on visualizing this until I finally do it.

Ill keep woring with him, getting his focus working, making sure he listens or is listeing to me when we are working together. I keep being generous and kind. Ill try to be a little bit firm but not a jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment