Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Thursday Dr Katz - we were 830 beautiful sunny day

 Got to get over to the barn on a week day, being the first or second person to get yiur horse appt with Dr Katz is ideal.

Although Beau was a bit pushy, his health is much improved and Dr Katz says he is most likely more pushy because he is feeling strong. He was a bit unruly on the cross ties but I think I need to put him on the cross ties more often. Duke of course was excellent but I dont like having Beau on them very much. Hes a bit kicky, stompy and gets a bit pushy. Thats how he was last week and I dont think hes very good with Dave.

  • Work on ground work with Krystyn
  • Put Beau on the cross ties each week
  • Get Beau working in the arena wiht his saddle, compared to his free love and liberty work.
  • After about 4 weeks straight of the Beau being tacked up start the using his bit and working toward doing some light riding
Seems like a light enough plan but I think he needs nore dicipline than the walking and liberty work that hes been doing pretty good at.
I want to bring him down the road more often, starting with walking around the barn more to get accustome to being on the lead line and paying attention to the one on one that you need to have when doing farm walking lead line. THi sis what I expect from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment