Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 24, 2011

2009 June Loon Mountain

This may be a short post. Two years ago June 2009,  Colleen and I took a weekend off to go zip lining and horseback riding in New Hampshires White Mountains.  I rented a nice condo in the town and we had a wonderful weekend.  We got up very early Saturday morning and had lunch at the Bear Breakfast place in Lincoln and then we started out to Loon for the 1st ride of the day and of the season.  It was pretty exciting we were the first run of the season. The horses were new and we would be going up the mountain. As it was the trails were down so we went up some trails on the sides. We trotted across fiends.  I felt that my horse was small or my butt was big. for some reason I felt like I was falling out of the saddle. Our guide was very nice and lived in the area.  she rode her own horse.  I was so upset with feeling like I was falling off the horse that she switched horses with me and gave me her horse.  It is the pretty one.  

It was a great ride even though all day I was wondering why I was so off my self on the horse.  I know now that I need to make sure my stirrups are tight and my leg is bent plenty.  

On the mountain trails there were so many wild lupine it was beautiful. There was piles of horse manure and the butterflies were flocking to it.  It was strange and beautiful day.

In general I thought that Loon's stables were just too touristy looking. The condos in the background bummed me out. Maybe next time Ill rent there and then I wont mind so much.







No comments:

Post a Comment