Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Andy had a screw in his hoof during ride

Today was a lesson for Colleen and I. Andy stepped on a nail during the walk and was hurt. We both noticed his stepping on the trail. At one point Andy looked like he was slipping. A few times on the incline he showed a definite problem with his stepping. Then after the rock wall on the edge of the farm's field he let Colleen know he was in pain. She said woah and he began to jump and rise off the left front foot. Sheila jumped off Tango and she told Colleen to jump off quick. Colleen knows that Andy doesnt like that and they totally have an understanding. She held Andy's reins and then then looked at his hoof. Sheila pulled out a screw while I was on Duke's back and the rest of the ride (basically some young experienced riders out for a birthday celebration for one of them. They were english riders but I could tell they were getting some western rides in and it was a special thing.







 Well we stepped to the side and the rest of the ride went on with Sheila. We walked back on the trail through the woods back to the barn. Bobby looked at the hoof. He was worried because he couldnt tell the damage. Cassie said that the mud most likely helped the pain. Andy was feeling better without the screw in his foot. Bobby said come back and ride later and we are trying to get that going. Walking back to the barn with Duke was pretty cool. It reminded me of when I had to walk with Duke under that low branch. As we got back i got a picture of Duke and I but it doesnt look that good. I look fat. :( but I'll get more pics with my buddy. Uploading pics later.

We went back at 3pm for a ride this time we said we'd have an ice coffee/ice tea on the way back. I got to bring the truck so Colleen and I had a funnier ride. The ride was big. The trot ride was huge.  It seemed like there were many less experienced riders but we still had decent trots. There was a man behind me that made Sheila laugh a few months ago and he came back.  He totally annoyed me. Colleen was talking with Sheila all the time and I didnt hear too much of it.  I may go by myself some time so that I can ride with Sheila too. The ride was nice we trotted alot. The group was large 16 maybe and I totally enjoyed the ride. The riders behind me were slow. Sheila said we were late adn we trotted in an area that I had not ever trotted. After the long railway bed and through the woods she had us trot again. The people in the group were so goofy their horses much have been frustrated. The woman and Tulsa was holding the reins too tight.
Summer lush/green looks so different than the dark winter pictures. Duke's hair are is so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment