Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Love the Anja, Sarah, Kanti Rides!

So glad that yesterday I decided not to ride a 2nd ride and to come meet Kanti the next day or today.  I had to make a deal with her yesterday that I might  ride the next day.  I wasnt sure of the weather or anything but it was the right decision.  I asked Bobby if the 12 ride is ok, He said, Its only you two.   I felt my heart expand.  This would be great a ride with just Kanti and I.  I got there and I saw Sarah, Anja and Sheila.  This is going to be great.  I quickly paid Bob and ran to the Bathroom.  It was St Patrick's Day so I knew I had go to the grocery store in the morning get the food and go directly to Bobby's or our ride.  Good call for Kanti to pick 12 noon.



Riding Malaki today I had an amazing experience with him. I think he may be my new horse.  He usually is pretty fast and last time he was biting the butt of Akiva.  I noticed it was only when Cathy’s Tabo came too close.  So exactly when I got on Sheila said he was biting Andy.
Well one time Hawk reared up and pranced on the trail. With Malaki behind him he kept his distance and I didn’t have any problems.  I was excited about how Malaki rode. He was voice command and he also liked trotting to catch up . . . a lot.  Anja said we had 2 places on the trail we could trot. WE went around the lake instead of to the right and back tracking like we have been doing because trails are so rough from winter.  Although Malaki was cautious on the icy areas he would trot on the snow to enjoy his time. He trotted like about 15 times when ever he saw opportunity.  We did trot 2 times officially. He trotted up the hill that goes right around lake. He was amazing. He was so good I would take him for my horse for a short period of time WE were lucky enough to ride with Sarah for the first time with her NEW horse that Bobby gave her, Hawk.  Because Bobby was taking care of Hawk and then the previous owner did not provide money for care, Bob decided that it was the perfect horse for Sarah and gave him to her. They said that Bobby fixed his shoe and he we all back together.  I was so happy to see Sarah happy with a horse.  Hawk will love her so much. This ride was one of the best ever. I think the ones with Anja and Sarah plus Kanti are the best.
The horses I feel like connect with me when I ride at the farm may surprise you.  I have a special ride with Blue, Domino and Malaki.  It seems as though these guys look me right in the eye.  They know when I am petting them and talking to them.  Domino looks right at me, carrots or not.  He has come up behind me with his head and pushed me from the corral fence before. It was pretty cool.  He saw me backing up to take pics of the herd in the field and he walked over and pushed me in the back.  One time in the summer when I was shooing the horseflies from his ears he would lift his head so that I could reach his ears.  We had a system when I rode iwth him.
 Malaki always looks me in the eyes before and after.  I feel a connection to him. Also when I ride Blue I think he knows I am talking to him and hugging him. After the ride on the off loading deck he turns and looks at me.  I really like it.  Whenever I can I try to get Blue. I dont care how lazy they say he is, he's just jokin around.





Well Sarah had Malaki ready for me. I know she wants me to take him as the new Duke She seems afraid that he needs some attention.

2 comments:

  1. All week I cant stop thinking of Malaki and this wonderful ride. I have since told stories of how the trails were icey and that we were able to go around the lake and the tops of the hills were icey and Malaki was so sure footed on the tricky terrain. He was wanting to trot many times and this excited me so much. If he needs some doting I would love to be the person that gives it to him. He is a great horse. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malaki has gone to a home of his own. I still miss him. I hope all is great for the sweet guy and I think about him so much. Love you sweet guy. xo

    ReplyDelete