Total Pageviews

Friday, August 2, 2013

Last week, got back to the farm, Blue, Amanda






This Sunday I was back from vacation and felt like I really needed a ride.  I got up early but did some homework and didnt get to the farm until just before 10am. Sheila said there were 4 other riders that were also late and that I didnt need to rush.

I saw Kanti on the way out in her car she was happy to see me.  She told me that Duke's foot hurts and that there were some horses quarantined.

It made me worry.  I drove into the ranch and saw Bob down by the old fenced in area that Gwendolyn used to be in .  Bob said that one of the boarder's new horses had some strange sickenss and gave it to the other horses.  I felt kinda bad for the sweet little horses.  Bob was loving them and it made me feel good.
So when the family got there I decided to wait 15 min until the next ride was scheduled.  It was interesting.  There was a little handicapped girl who was challenged and her dad was very sweet and an older man from was talking to Bob before the ride. He seemed very nice and they gave him Duke.  It turns out while we were riding I learned he was retired from Billerica House of Correction. I mentioned Steve's dad and he knew him.  It was interesting.

His name was Tommy and he was currently working at Ford in Lowell. He was going to buy and horse and come all the time.  It sounded so cool.  He told me so many stories about riding horses outside of Vegas at the Red Rock Canyon.  It sounds amazing I might try to do that trip.
Anywas it was a slow ride. Blue was terrible slow but I did get him to trot.  I didnt want to get in trouble making him trot to catch up so we had a nice ride where I was in the way back.  The man Tommy really liked telling me stories so it was a very pleasant ride.

I hope I see him soon.  I stayed a little after the ride and talked with him and then went home.  I had carrots for the guys ate some and gave the rest to Bobby.  I noticed that there were some of the minis missing.  It made me worried. Also there is fighting when I feed the donkeys. The little mini Honey is getting mean too.  Maybe Ill just feed Pedro and the older horse.
I finally sent the pic of me on Duke, Sandy on Smokey and Cathy on Tabo when we were about to trot, across the field.  It was amazing. Ill try and get some pictures up now that school is over.
I missed a write up before vacation. Im going to try ot remember how it went and write it up.
I think Im riding on Sunday morning with the girls, not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment