Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Just a quick, cold January visit with Duke and the farm

In the small amount of time I was there I was very happy

  • Got to see Duke today
  • Anja was on Winston bareback
  • I met a  girl who owns the boarder Paint, Pearl,  think her name is LeeAnn
  • Bob told me stories about the little chicken, how he feels worried about people being safe, people who drive him crazy, and how he's been feeling crappy in the stomach.
  • Sarah was around
  • I made hot cocoa
  • Lexie, Bryce Theresa, Bobby, Bob, Amanda were there
  • Cathy and Laurie were there efor a bit.
  • Spent time on Duke's tail getting the burrs out, bout I forgot my Cowboy Magic
  • Even though I brushed scratched Duke he was still very itchy
  • Brought Hot Cocoa and whipped cream
  • Borbougn was funny at the gate and took some convincing to get back.
  • Amanda rode the mini charging across the farm parking lot riding backwards because she was working on helping him and lost her balance and then the minit took off.  We all laughed so hard it was crazy.  Even Bob came out and wished someone had a video of it.  Bobby said funny things and although it was scary looking it seemed so funny we all laughed.
  • Amanda with the help of Bob, Bobby and Sarah took bridled and rode on Ember in the ring.  Ember felt better after she was accustomed to the bit in her mouth.
  • Duke kept kicking the box under the rail so badly we needed to move him so he stopped putting his hoof up.
  • Bobby taught me and gave me tips on how to clean out Duke's hoofs.  I felt so much better to have him get his hoofs checked. Bobby said the most important part was to make sure there were no rocks in the huffs.  Also to clean the frog gently.


























No comments:

Post a Comment