Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Needing to work on his friends issue

Today was like a failure lined with a success that built an understanding.
The failure was that I couldn't get Duke to walk or move after the ride on my own for many many minutes. The success was when I moved him over to the outside ring but only after really getting after him to listen, and the in the ring I walked him by hand around the ring.  He constantly went for the grass.  He was like a teenager that you are trying to make do their homework.  He was totally looking for the grass.  Overtime I let him go he reach down for the grass.  He didn't walk along side me.  4 times around.  He seemed to start to like it.



















Then I mounted him from the small stairs and and really got on him to go round the ring.  And then he did something he never did, he began to trot.  He went around with a terrible broken trot for me about 3 times.  The beautiful thing is, he made me so happy and I didn't even see that there was a terrible wall of water coming over the barn.  I looked as we rounded the edge of the ring and then quickly heard the loud sounds as it pelted the barn.  I was so happy I didn't even freak out that we were getting so wet.  My camera and phone got soaked.  I almost lost my phone it was so wet.  When I tried to call I coudlt hear anything.
Anyway that was my success and then the understanding is that Duke thinks he's still a trail horse.
I held him close a few times as I took off his saddle in the barn.  He was very happy and so wet.


Kelly was there and gave him some love.  Bryce was working on Shawnie's hurt leg.  She is a good mom for that sweet little horse.   Bryce loves her.

The ride before was very nice, the group split up with a little bit of trotting.  Duke was able to ride with Domino and the 3 younger women and the mom and the dad stayed with Anja and Winston for a walk ride.  It was pleasant.  Olivia makes me happy.  The area near the lake was strange. There were two cars parked way past the sand near the edge of the water.  Then we heard so much noise and dogs running wild.  Sargent owner took him out today and they seemed happy.  Sergeant made neighing sounds and Domino repeated a cool snarling type sound.  It was pretty cool. w avoided the lake area and that was disappointing but its ok we had a nice ride anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment