Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 7, 2015

How long does it take to get to really know someone

68 degrees today No trail ride, Duke's a little off today.  He was limping.  I hope he's feeling better soon.

Getting to know Duke as a friend as his new trainer or is he my trainer.  We are working together, sometimes riding and then we spend so much time working on other things.  Yes he loves the snacks.
But he understands so much more now.
The things he has done for me.
He's great on the ground
Hes taught me to be a litte tough with him in the ring
Hes taught me that he may not need a bit in the ring
Hes taught me that I can get on him from the ground
Hes taught me that he has some issues with his legs that I can help him feel better
like supplements for his legs
like hoofsnakx for his hoof
Hes taught me that the dentist is a good thing
Hes taught me that I can work with him and we can learn tother
Hes taught me he really misses his old herd
Hes taught me that the stall may be a benefit to the sacrifice of missing his old herd.
Hes taught me that Im stronger than I thought
Hes taught me that I can spend times with him and not even need anyone else around
Hes taught me that horse people are very nice English and Western
Hes taught me that its not just about going out and fast riding
and so much more


[I love how he's trying so hard to go out on the trails alone with me.
I am going to try to be able to go out alone with him and take pictures and then he will be patient and then Ill be able to go out in the woods alone with him and then jump back up on him and ride together.]








He runs back to the fenced in boarder area now and then i have been giving him a treat.  He'll run along side the fence with me as I go back to my car.  He's really a great guy.



No comments:

Post a Comment