Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 8, 2018

Trailride with Cleo and Liv at Greenwood

At Equine Affaire back in Nov I was lucky enough to be able to meet with Liv and her Gypsy Vanner horses in the big barn and in the Arena for the Demo.  Its so nice to talk to her she is down to earth and I admire her working with those wonderful horses and sheep.  Well when I was talking to her at Equine Affaire, I had mentioned Greenwood when she said that she didn't have a place for her horses to workout.  I had listened to her talk abouthow much her horses like to go on trail rides. I talked a little bit about how Duke was lonely with out his old friends from Bobby's. I let her know how he was sad with out having a  gang or a buddy to hang out.  Well she said that her Gypsies  loved to trail ride. I asked her if she would be interested in coming over to Greenwood for a trail ride.  She said she would love to. She also said that she's interested in renting the arena to work out.
Well sure enough she asked if I was interested in her coming over to Greenwood for a trail ride with Duke. Well I was thinking about it all week. It was going to be really cold Saturday moring, and yes it was very cold 20 or so.  Well I had some challenges, my tire was flat so I had to get gas and get the front tire pumped up again.
Well I texted Liv to make sure that she was on target still.  She said that she needed to get a pin for her trailer then she's be over. I let her know I was a bit late for getting him early.
Well she came and we went out.  Cleo was already in her saddle and Bonnie and Krystyn was happy to see her come by.  Bonnie came over with a release form for Liv to sign off on  and they talked about using the arena for working out with the horses.
After we got back we went into the Arena and walked. It was funny Duke was walking over to the steps in the middle like he wanted me to get off now. Well after a while he was just following Cleo around the room.  Also my stirrup came off so I might have some issues with my saddle.  I need to fix it soon.  Cleo wore a beautiful leather western roper show saddle. Really pretty. I was having some issues with Duke before SHe got there we did our exercises from Phil Whitemore's session and it helped him to be a good boy.  As we went into the field he back out as usual and went away form the large dirt pile.  He became strange and I was concerned but I respected his response and we went the way of the road. Liv is so easy going that she said what ever we wanted she would come too. We had a great walk down the raod and then around Bonnies house to the edge of the field and then back to the barn.  The goats made Duke a bit strange. Later as I was working with the stalls to muck out the 7 that I did, Krystyn and I talked about how he was reacting to some of the areas that I have been riding. She said it is most likely that one of his eyes is senstitive or he may be a bit blind in one of them so he favors going with the fields to one side and the woods to the other.
When we were cooling down in the arena.




















Oh by the way Krystyn thinks that Duke might be going blind or having vision issues.
Also he needs a shieth cleaning too.

No comments:

Post a Comment