Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 18, 2019

Poor Duke, rolled under the fence - Then relaxing day in the paddock

Kystyn took this picture before the guys came up to help free Duke from being pinned under fence.



Bonnie and Krystyn texted me at like 10am, Duke had rolled under the fence and they needed help to get him. Luckily Nick and 2 other guys were able to come to help get him back rolled and up again. Scary for Duke. When I got there at 12 or so he was limping around the paddock.

I talked to Bonnie and Krystyn for a while and then helped on the other side with a few stall. Then spent time cleaning the saddle, tlaking to Krystyn and Bonnie and snacking on salad.
I got out my western roper saddle and cleaned it up iwth saddle soap and then used some oil on it. Did it out on the front of the barn door.

Then cleaned my boy and gave him an apple.
I went out in the paddock with Duke. Put a small tie around Dukes halter and then one of the posts in the back of the paddock. The mud was soooo deep until you get to the very back of the paddock near the fence.  There it was standable. I brought the curry comb and some spray for his tail. I brushed all of the mud out of his coat.  Brushed out his tail and conditioned it.
SUNDAY. Busy all day, went to dinner at BBW in Westford, then headed over to get groceries then of to see about Duke.  Although it was raining most of the mornng, Duke and the guys got out in the sun.  I was happy to hear.

I took Duke into the arena and grabbed the small whip to use for the round pen work. Well Duke did great, I was able to check out his back leg, Although I thought he was gooing to be stiff, limping and not happy to lunge.  He was not limping running around and turning wasnt in the cards today but he did a nice job in the open arena.  Hes just amazing <3

No comments:

Post a Comment