Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 1, 2020

Duke on rest, hes in pain

Went over to barn to be there at 9am to meet Michelle for an Equine Massage for Duke. I had gotten a call from Ashley to see if I could watch Valerie in the morning. I figured that it would be nice, not too cold and we could watch Duke with Michelle.  Well Ashley came over and Val was great sweet little face.  Really enjoyed her. We kept her in her little PJs and dressed up and left for the barn after Ashley hung out a little.
I took the carriage and we went into the barn. I cleaned Duke's stall and then got Val. It was my first day iwth the Truck and having Val was an added bonus. Well She worked on him and I did about 4 stalls, Gailin, Lily, Johnny, Joliet and Fancy. It was a quality day. We went for a walk down the road. As I took the carriage away and I was walking on the side near the grass, I heard Duke call out. I thought should I stay there?  I didnt think so we walked our the driveway and down Greenwood road to Bonnies house. It was so cold I knew we would be out of there after the massage. I paid her 80 for the message and I was really happy she seemed to conect with him.  later she mentioned that his neck had alot of tension, said later that his back did too.  Nothing about the legs, said there was no swelling or any problems.
I looked at my phone and Krystyn had called 2 times left a text to call asap.  Duke was in pain, terribly lame and she had June check his hoofs and they were ok.  I had not checked his hoofs today. I just really tdidnt do too many chores at all with him.  Im so worried that Krystyn said he could have pulled a muscle, it could be an abcess. Hes on stall rest for a few days. Ill go over tomorrow and check on him. Im so sorry hes in pain.
Next Day Sunday:  I was thinking about poor Duke feeling so badly that they called Kerri 2 times for advice. I think hes being medicated but I need to go over there and take cqre of him. Brush him out check his legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment