Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Week 3 Stall Rest

Krystyn met me at 5pm on Thursday. I was so happy she could make time. I know shes busy with stuff and Im glad she was able to finish up her chores with the horses.  I got there around 415 in the afternoon. I think Dukes happy to see me but hes a little bit quirky. I need to make sure I dont over due it with him. He gets a bit irratated because hes off and has pain.
When Krystyn was done feeding and bringing in the horses she came over and I took him out and walked him down the ailse. Its funny but I cannot tell when hes off but I want to learn. The only way to learn is to see more horses that have problems and also see them when they are fine.
Well I walked him down the ailse and then back hes off. She told me that hes probably going to be on stall rest for a while. Hes not taking off the doors and hes not scrapping his fur off any more than he has been in the past.
I took a picture of him on the cross ties last week. He can only come on the cross ties.
Krsytyn said we finally goes out into the paddock hell have to have a sedative called ACE. I looked it up.
https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=30e07f84-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5&sfb=1&itemguid=32eaa298-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5&utm_content=131RX&ccd=IFH003&CATARGETID=120295250000448368&cadevice=c&gclid=Cj0KCQiAv8PyBRDMARIsAFo4wK0YP3yLhmuUGkxYB5oDOmq3PQhU-7BiGP2_lCh_YmMmIlmUjZglCTAaAvRoEALw_wcB
She said that when its time they would give it to him about 20 min before going out and hes be really relaxed. I think its a good idea for him to be relaxed in the paddock.
Ill update when we get more info.
Saturday:
I went over Saturday and helped with stalls. I wanted to pitch in so that they would know that I appreciated Krystyns help with Duke.
I didnt take any pics but I did notice that Duke is still irratated and I think Ill use a softer brush and see if hes a bit calmer. I think I can make him feel a little overwhelmed i I brush him vigorously.
So soft brush tomorrow and its ok to not be there too long. I noticed he sort of nipped at me and I looked it up it says its when your horse doesnt feel healthy and is a littel bit edge.
Id say hes kinda edgy.
Id like him to think Im there to help him relax <3




No comments:

Post a Comment