Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Sunny, windy 40s Dukes out in the paddock

Deep water mud at the entrance of the of the paddock very deep in the mud up to the fur above Dukes hoofs. I was glad that I had the hoof protector. As I brushed out his hoof with the dry brush I could see his goofs new growth. I always worried that it may have problems, It looked really good though but did it grow really fast?  When I got there Duke was socializing with the little boy, Odin. I watched them sweetly they rubbled their noses.  Odin's paddock was filled with water on the edge pooled to the side.  Odin was standing in it, seemed he liked the edge or something. I saw that his paddock was in an incline. The water in the paddock was on the edge
Krystyn said that he was achey today on the turnout.
I worked when I got there, I did like 6 or 7 stalls. Dukes and Siennas on one side and then the other ones on the other side.
My back is kinda sore. When I arrived Krystyn and Bonnie Bonnie called me when the salads with chicken came in.  They love the pizza. She called me 2 times but I wanted to finishing clearning out the stalls and loading up the gator.  Job done. I felt really good when I went into the office.
I got a paper plate and loaded the lettuce leaves and a couple pieces of chicken. It was good.
Saturday I forgot my water, I wanted it. I did remember to cut up apples and bring peppermints and applesauce.
I finished up the piles but didnt put the remaining manure on the gator I could hear Bonnie and Krystyn piling it up.  Krystyn started the waters and sawdust.

Each Week
- Hoof conditioner
- Treating Hair root on the his tail
- conditioning his long tail with Conditioner
- Heavy brushing to remove the sheading
- small walking
-Now 14 March, field grazing is ok

Krystyn said that  this week, Kerrie would be at the barn for a check and they would fold in a few quesitons about Dukes next steo for him to recover or gain strength.

Im looking to find a Previcox selling thats even better value from Heartland.

No comments:

Post a Comment