Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 4, 2023

All snowy Saturday all alone for hours

 

This face, this guy was so good today.  We did some standing at the stairs, he stood exactly how I needed. waited. We were just sitting there after he did the greatest amount good stuff. He did his running around mostly one way. He pooped in the corner where one of his friend pooped last week. I cleaned his poop up today and when he went back in the arena he pooped exactly same place in the left corner back of the arena. He ran and ran. We walked backwards 40 steps, and then he did his turns. So well. I used a very light gentle hand on him. I held his line but only lightly moved, and he responded. So proud. 


Funniest thing is we did our target training this week, I dropped the blue bandana and he picked it up and each time then, one of the times he picked it up in his mouth, and started to chew on it and then actually started to eat it. I had to pull it out of his month
 Made me laugh out loud. Hes such a sweetie. I like the little crop I have with the strings on it.
I got out the dressage whip when I got back into the arena and he seemed to run even better when the whip. Thats when he pooped for the 2nd time in the same place after I cleaned it up.
Brushed out his tail, his coat. I took out the brush instead of the pick, I brushed his hoofs, but not picked. I think his hoofs were sore and infected possibly. When I went to pick them it may have hurt him. I like the infected hoof was most likely sore and if you are not careful it hurts.
So he had Dave come and give him the finist care for his hoofs.  He is healed and now he will pick up ost of his feet for me. Well today I think.we will get better more an more. Hes had his teeth done his feet, 


I took Sienna out of her stall, I had given her an apples sausce when I got there.
I brought her over into the arena, she was very gentle she had a nice blanket on and she walked gently. When I thought about it. I wondered if she wanted to run like Beau with the dressage whip. Well I picked it up. She ran like a bolt of lighting kept running and running. I thought she was going to get hurt. She was sort of doing strange steps and meaning kicking and darting and doing partial turns. Looking like she could ram into a wall. I was worried. I got her a snack  .
While I worked out with Beau, she was looking  at me. When I was finished with Beau, I sent Patti a note. I wasnt sure if she was coming today. She asked me to check on Sienna blanket to see if she was warm. She was warm. Her bandage is on her leg and she got a chance to run around in the arena.
After he ran alot I put his massager on and as he enjoyed his massage, I cleaned up the aisle and swept. I gave all the horses snacks, went over to the other aisles and made sure Muke and Scottis horse got a big oatmeal bar too. I gave pieces to the horse that looks like Beau named, "Dakota".
Ace left this week. I know that Beau really liked him. Krystyn said that Ace was a very sweet horse. He was dark brown almost black small boned like a fresan in the face but small.frame.






















No comments:

Post a Comment