Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Back in the saddle, Colleen, Jewel, Smokey and I



Just a quick note on today's ride. I was Colleen's first time back riding again after her fall a few weeks ago.
We went later in the day and on a Sunday during a holiday weekend. Boy was it hot today. Too many riders for me. All inexperienced, I know Colleen and I are so spoiled from 9am and trots. This was a walk only and poor Smokey was sweatin. There were 14 riders plus guides and it was a Sunday. Bobby was very happy. The horses all wanted to eat grass. Oreo and Blue were the freshest. They kept taking the the riders into the woods and note listening. Hershey was in front of us for a while and our guide would sneak in riding Chippy for a while to help with the horses who were acting up.
Smokey got into it at the very end. He got right over and started eating low grass. Colleen laughed as he wouldnt get back in line. The guide said that Smokey doesnt like anyone horses or riders. I thought he was so cute and it was a luck of the draw that I rode him. Colleen asked for Jewel and I said who is ever up next that is who I'll ride. Smokey it is, who wouldnt love him with a name like Smokey xoxox.
I miss my kitty but its great to just hear is name.
So here is a pic of Smokey running in for Chow as Bobby calls the horse in for the night. Its Colleen's favorite thing to do wait and watch. The first batch of horses ran out of the waiting area only to start grazing the green grass ourside the fence. It made me laugh. Smokey when it was finally his turn, ran like hell with Maggie. Hes a cutie! Here a couple of pics of the sweet little horses today. :) Great day at the Farm, the wait was worth it but I want to do tomorrow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment