Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Still need to ride - Blue Cassie Foxie

Felt so tired on Saturday, this week was too much for me.  Still needed to ride. I took the truck, it makes me feel amazing. When I got to the farm it was just me there.  I walked all the way around the corral to see who is out and saddled.  Tulsa, Hershey, Pumpkin, Domino, Cedric, Pixie, Duke and Blue all ready to go. Sheila smiled and asked me who I wanted to ride today.  I thought about it.  Tulsa?  She is so sweet.  No I asked her who needed to get out today the others need a break.  I felt like saying, "Come on Duke"  but I like riding all the horses.  When I paid with Sheila she said there was no change yet. I had 8 ones.  She said close enough.  she gave me the 20 bill back.  Looks like I was lucky today. Cassie rode Foxie she was very happy to get out that morning.  The ride was like  a lesson.
Blue, beautiful, his face is kind and gentle.  Sweet Horsey Mumps has a cute pink nose too, one of the best horses ever.
Cassie told me stories about Blue.  Blue was so cool today. Because he wanted to keep the zillions of horse type flies off his head when it came time to trot he was racing up behind Foxie to keep his head free of the bugs.  He trotted amazing. I told Cassie I wanted to learn to ride better and Blue was a great teacher on my form.  We went around the lake and trotted a few times.  I really enjoyed Cassie.  She is Bobby's grand daughter and its pretty cool to think that she is carrying on the traditions.
It was very hot for 9am.  I love the feeling of riding early and being alone in the trails.  I told stories to Cassie about Colorado's fires and how I went riding out the at the stables in the Springs.  She said she has never ridden anyplace but there.  I thought that was pretty cool.  Blue was great he listened pretty good and he kept up great. Cassie said that he ride close to the rear of Foxie to keep the bugs off his face. They had an nice thing going. He watched her back and she kept his face clearer.  I spent tons of time keeping Blues head and ears free of bugs.
When the ride was over, I got to the corral, I got off and when I went to say thanks to him, Blue turned to Me and and looked at me for a quick moment.  I feel he thanked me for keeping his ears clear of bugs. I dont think any horse has done that to me. Maybe I should ride him all the time.  I said to Cassie "I think I just had a moment with Blue" she said, You did!!  It was a great ride. I took some pictures on the tail and around the farm but not too many.
My new boy could be "Blue".  Also my favorite color and the horse with the prettiest and sweetest face.



No comments:

Post a Comment