Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 5, 2013

First Ride in the Snow ever, Thanks Duke!

Beautiful day for a ride, a Saturday too.  Finally a day above freezing. Bobby says its been a tough week with the days in the 20s and teens. It was 40 degrees, Im so glad.When I pulled in it looked like hardly any cars. Then when the horses came back from the ride before, I had looked at the horses that had been tacked and I figured Hershey looked ready to go. After all he's Santa's horse. Well Kanti loaded up on Oreo and as I waited at the gate for Hershey, Duke came up to the gate and stepped next to me to be my horse.  Wow, I yelled back at the girls that Id changed my mind and Duke had chosen this ride and me to take out on the trail today.  Cassie & Olivia said that he hadnt been  out at all yet.  Perfect.  He was so sweet I hopped on and leaned over and gave him a hug.His rear was wet from the dripping off the stalls roof. I had hoped it didnt make him too cold out on the trails.


\So Duke was being a sweet guy, walking so happily in the soft cushiony snow. Kanti and I yacked the whole ride. I was happy at the end of the line of all the other horses and riders.  Olivia was behind me on Foxxy until she went in the front with some of the less experienced riders.  I was on the end of the ride.  It was amazing. I was able to take a picture of the trail from the back looking back.  Nice clean trail.  Anyway I kept thinking that Cassie may trot our ride. The conditions were pretty good but every once in a while it was slippery.  But I think some of the rides have too many rocks in areas when there is no snow, for trotting and we go anyway.


Great picture of Olivia because it shows Foxxy, Olivia, the bridge, trail, stream.  It is perfect.

I turned around to get a pic of the trail.  I was the one where we have a straight away.  You can see the tracks from the snowmobiles.

Kennedy Pond is frozen solid today.
Its hard to get a picture of Duke alone on the trail.  Here is one of them

.
Kanti, Oreo Olivia, Blueberry, Cassie in front on Hershey

Here's Kanty looking back. She's an upbeat person that  I love to ride with. She called me so we were up for today's ride.  When my phone rang, my heart filled iwth excitement.  Oh boy Im going riding today. :)
Duke is so beautiful, Here he is going into the corral area at the end o the ride
Here my sweet pretty boy getting carrots at the out building.  Hes a nice gentle guy.

This is his good eye, I have an eye that is better than the other too.
This is his eye thats not so good.

The out building he lives in.
Before I got ready to ride, when I arrived about 10 min early I was talking to Bob. I know that he gets chilly with the glass slider to office open.  I asked Bob if I could go down and visit the horse with one eye, I think his name if Max.  He said sure thing. He said I could have him. Id have to pay his board which is 400 dollars per month.  Id like to help him out though.   He runs a business and I know its got to be tough. I told Bob that that horse Max is an old timer and he deserves some pleasure in his life.  So I brought carrots only for him.  I know I should be spoiling Duke and Hershey, Tulsa, Blue, Domino,  Oreo all of those beautiful sweet guys. Just saying. The carrots were for Max. When I got down to the small building that Max is living in, Bobby and the new person Han were with the ATV and they were sneaking a smoke. Bobby loves to pick on me and I like that very much.  Well I hung out with them and talked while I was with the horse.  Bobby said he liked the horse but hes a pain in the neck, he was kidding because he has to go there and make a special trip to take care of him.  I understand.  Well I had to make sure I was on the left side of Max while I was talking to him. I feed him the 4 carrots and he let me pet him. I had to make Bobby more over so that I could stay on the left side so Max could see me. I think that if I go and feed him and talk, he'll learn that I am a good person who cares about him. I think I can make a difference in the time that he spends here on the farm. I hope he'll be ok.  Like I said to Bob today.  The farm makes a huge difference in my life.  When I leave sometimes I feel so happy or so much joy I tear up and cry. It is amazing how wonderful life can be.

Bobby and Han coming from the out building back to the barn.

I always wanted a cool shadow of Duke and I and in the snow is pretty cool

Today, Duke choose me. Imagine. Duke came forward to me and he wanted to go riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment