Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Cooler now, 50s, Spa day and trying out Australian Saddle from Stace


Hours of Attention


Cool day at the Barn, when I go there is was very quiet.  Duke was over waiting and Laurie was dotting on Apache saddle already off.  I gave her the buckaroo 4-square knots I made one for Theresa and gave two to anyone who wanted it as a guide.  Also had a bag of hoofsnaks for the guides to use with the horses when they need them.  I forgot the check for Bobby but told him tomorrow he was happy :) 
New Shoes for Duke and hes mane and hoofs are looking good.
Spa Day and dotting on that guy for hours before I had him do a little ring work with the new saddle.  Bridle looking good on him.  I may work on no bridle in the ring today.  She how he does with suggestions on riding cues.

Aussie Saddle fitting


After totally giving Duke a Spa day, hoofs, brushing, fixing rubbing combing brushing, I got the Aussie Saddle and placed it on Duke.  Right away it got lots of attention.  Theresa loved it and came right over from the barn walk just to see it.  She loved it.  I asked her what she thought for Duke.  She said its great, try it out today.  She helped me fasten the botton witt the straps and said go sit on it and try it out.  I said without stirrups?  She said, yes. 

In the Ring

 I went over with Duke, he seemed happy with the Saddle and I jumped on the fence (Duke is understanding that I need him to stand close to the fence so that I can jump (its getting like I have to jump) over on to his back.
I have lots of faith in him and his understanding and listening to me as I try new things with him.
Anyway in the ring he must have been aware of my balancing on his back.  Amazing to have no stirrups.  Made me realize how much he pays attention.  We went around in the ring and turned back.  When I asked him to trot, he was very careful in the response and seemed to understand that I was balancing my weight with not stability.  No horn, no stirrups, and I would be holding on by his mane if I needed to bail.  His skills in the ring is getting excellent.  I am so pleased.  He sure is making me a smarter rider.  Cant wait to see him today.




















Yes to the Aussie Way!

The answer is yes, I would like t try out the Saddle for Duke. I think he would do good with it in the ring in the winter this year.  When I told Stacie Id like to keep trying it she said she had a pad and small blanket with stirrups I can try with him.  Id like to see how he does.  Im hoping its comfortable enough for him.  It feels lightweight. 
All and all with the Roper, Aussie and lightweight aletta Saddle, hes got lots of options. 
Good Boy.

In

No comments:

Post a Comment