Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Dukes First absolutely fabulous Solo Ride then a ride with the girls

Im so proud of that guy, Duke.


 Duke wasn't happy about going back to his herd after our rides today. No ring work, I think he was disappointed.

He went out with me for about 25min ride alone.  When I got him from the barn he had so many burrs in his mane, tail and hair over his head.  I was able to clean him up. I was first today it made me feel pretty good.  Laurie with Apache after a while both Duke and Apache had gotten into the burrs.  I used Showsheen and basically hand removed the burs.  He came out great.  The girls went out on the trails and I notice they were hurrying along.  I guess it was the day for me to hang out with Duke on the trails just he and I.  He's getting so good going first on the trails.  He did some nice trotting.


 I went on the trail that goes down by the edge of the farm, through the woods and then to the right over the bridges and then int the big area that you can romp around.






I think Ill take him back there some time so he can canter around it ithe grasses.
Anyway he ended up slipping on the wet leaves on the bridge.  Im so happy he recovered.



One the way back Duke was very alert.  I think Ill be going out on this trail everytime so he gets used to it. I know that he really never did the trail with the public when he was a trail horse.



No comments:

Post a Comment