Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Goofy Selfie Day - Duke was responding great

Got to the ranch later than I had expected.  Ran and got that guy from eating hay in the strange hay grid structure.  He came to me when I was came into the area.  Jim was in the shelter eating with a smaller horse.  Apache was with Duke at first.
I put his lead line on and he seemed happy to come along with me today.  After yesterday I think Bobs advice to me about "less grazing" I may cut back on the freedom Duke gets in the ring.  It may cause too much of a distraction.
Duke was excellent today, Its great to just go see him and hang out w/o riding.  Its good for me and him
Well I knew Id be chilling out with Duke.  The ride had returned and they were at the gate.  I was walking quickly with duke over to the tack shed.
He was happy, I didn't give him his apple until later.   We were not riding today but I wish I had tacked him up to get my pick in the woods.

Anja had returned with the ride and she was over with me at the Tack area.  I really don't like people very much.  Id much rather be alone it seems.  as soon as I had him on the rail I wished I was alone.  He was leaning on the rail with his bum too long against the rail leaving a little less room for Finn than I thought was considerate.

Anyway he was sweet.  Anja explained how terrible the dirt bikers on the trails were.  It sounded terrible again.  Cathy went back out with the next ride. Theresa said lucky Cahty was there because she needed her when Hershey ran off with the rider as the bikers headed toward the ride acting up.  Theresa was on Pete and she said he had been very good, until today he was surprised and responded a little differently.  Anyway I wanted to brush out that guy, give him hoof snacks and condition his hoofs.  It went pretty good. I washed his hoofs on the top and then because he was moving so much on the rail with Anja and Finn, I took him over to the long grass and did his nails  ;)
After that I got all the saddles and talked a little bit to Betty Anja's mom about stuff.  The Tack Sale Too.
Duke walked with me so well.  We ran together infant of everyone back to the boarder shelter and then he was patient as I put the weird wire pieces back.  I took some terrible selfies that made me laugh.

The end of the visit he ran with me on the other side of the field fence.  I was so pleased I gave him a snack and then he grazed.

Oh yeah I picked up 3 saddles for the Tack Sale next week.  Amanda had 2 and Cassie had 1.  I think it will be fun for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment