Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 20, 2016

2nd Lesson and then Duke went English with me





On Sunday I had my lesson with Kelsey and then I knew I was very busy so I hurried over to see Duke while My confidence was up and I was ready to set up the English saddle for Duke… Working with Kelsey had helped me over come some ridiculous things I was thinking bout my riding. With her as a pro training I’m able to feel good about asking many questions about how to sit with Selena and also different ways of talking to Duke.  My seat improved somewhat and I was able to trot with her in the outside ring.
IT was beautiful and she was good with me.  I personally like her a lot.  She got a spook and started to get excited and I just poke to her to listen and not worry. I knew that Kelsey appreciated my work with Selena.  I had mentioned that I like as part of the lesson that I ask her so many questions.  Its not about ride time on the horse because I am going over to see Duke after so I need to learn as much as possible while I’m with Kelsey and Selena.  Its been great
When I got to the ranch on Sunday I connected with Theresa and asked her about the grassy area when you drive into Bobby’s, couldn’t it be a ring for us?  Also Would she be interested in working with me English for a bit this summer? She was very interested. I want to get another English saddle and also start with the Aussie one this week.  Duke’s happy about the changes.  He’s such a good boy.  His time in the ring was fun.  We need to work on his mounting but other than that I feel that he has really come along with me.  I want to make sure that when I get on the mount, he is concerned with me.  That way if I need to mound him in the woods I don’t have to worry.  I actually used the fence on Sunday.  The reason is Bob watches me too closely and gets all excited about anything I do.  I went just out of the way to make sure he could see me and then I began to get the saddle straighten and climb the fence to jump on.  I really had to jump with him too. He doesn’t stand in an area where I can properly mount him. 
Thanks my next thing.
After getting on his was GREAT!

I am using my newly learned reining and he responds. I had been using the footwork with him for a while.  Ill be looking to learn more too.  He’s been the best teacher by responding to my lower leg.  Ill keep learning.







No comments:

Post a Comment